Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Summer of Code

The Summer of Code is a Google program that aims to introduce students to the world of Open Source Software Development. Google provides a $4500 award to each student who successfully completes an open source project by the end of the Summer. There is also a 500$ donation for the mentoring organization should they decide to accept it.

Because I am planning a lot of improvements to some open source projects for this summer anyway, and because I am a student with no money, Google's award would be most welcome and I am planning to participate. If you are familiar with my work, are part of an open source organization or a well known open source developer and would accept to mentor one of my projects it would mean a lot to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home